Sunday 21 November 2010

Chicharito 7 goals in 832 Minutes and Berbatov 7 goals in 1181 Min




Please enlighten us how a goal-threat, match winning player isn't a better option to a team than one which is consistant in being everything but? Berbatov can have some good moments (vs Liverpool), but his attitude and consistency leave much to be desired... Chicharito just looks like an overall sharper player which defenders know is a goal threat. I totally believe in supporting our players but how can people continue to insist that Berbatov is a 'must' in our attack as if he produces amazing things? Most of the time it's the Berba fanboys who relentlessly refuse to acknowledge the efforts of our other younger strikers. Obviously this is my opinion and I'm sure you all have your own, but I dont think Berbatov is all that. I get tired of hearing "I know Berbatov is an fantastic class player ... but he doesnt fit our style of play."(What people say when they want to make a point on Berbatov but are scared they are going to provoke his loyal Berba-fans) How do you know? I knew he was when he played for Spurs 3 years ago . But now? No. The guy is way past his best and it's better for the team to give Chicharito and Macheda a chance. Sure a striker is BOUND to score some goals in a team like UTD, but Berbatov just doesn't do enough for me.
Sorry for such a rant but I believe in everything I've said, and will stick by it until I see Berbatov produce something you'd expect a striker from the worlds biggest team day-in-day-out, not once every 5 games. Again, I believe in supporting our players but how some fans can insist so much on Berbatov amazes me. Anyway, the man must have SOMETHING because otherwise SAF wouldn't be playing him as often as he does (though I'm hoping that will change now that Chicharito continues to prove himself!).

No comments:

Post a Comment